Tuesday, August 31, 2010

my masey

this is my mase:

his mom is gonna cringe when she sees this picture. she is my sister and does professional photography, and this pic is nothing more than me pointing and shooting with a $100 camera. but i love it.

he loves thomas. i am not sure you can read that on his shirt, but this kid is obsessed. we rode the thomas train this summer. it was 15 minutes long. the train inched about 300 yards from the station and then back. this kid was in heaven, though.

there is a store around these parts called maseys. it is a grocery store. and he thinks it was named after him. he loooves going to "my store" and getting ice cream cones bigger than his head. i wish i were still so innocent to firmly believe that someone decided to open a chain of grocery stores and name them after me because i'm just that cool.

we bash heads a lot, this kid and i. i tend to think i know everything, and he knows he knows everything. we are both stubborn and grouchy. i have a neice who is my mini me, and hes the male version of that. secretly, though, it makes me love him even more. i get him.

masey's best trait, though is his caring. last night, at about 1:20 am, i got a phone call from this sweet boy. he had a dream that my car was on a boat that was sinking, and i was dying. he was so worried that i was dead, he made his mom come with him to find me, and when they couldn't do that, he made her call me.

this morning, when i came home and he woke up, he was beaming. he was so glad "my latu" was not dead. for that, and so many more reasons, i adore this kid!  (oh, and sorry pene that i didn't use one of your pretty pics....)

3 comments:

leinani45 said...

you are AWESOME.

Vili said...

WOW 2, I think that we are all upset you didn't use a pretty pic...

Alicia said...

I think that grocery store deal is the cutest thing I've EVER heard! I wish there were an "Alicia's" when I was growing up - how fun to get to feel like a celebrity at some point in your life. =)

Oh, and by the way, I want to hear all about France!!!