Wednesday, February 24, 2010

nothing to report...

i don't really have anything to report, but i feel like posting. this post will not have any capitals or weird punctuation requiring the shift key, because i ripped the shift key off my computer.... yeah folks. basically, this is what happened.


i somehow spilled water on my keyboard (ok, so i spit water on my keyboard/computer) and in an attempt to keep my keyboard from frying with the water, i ripped off all the keys from about the p on over to the right. then, i dried up all the water i could find and began replacing the keys. all of them went back just fine except the shift key. that one was not so easy, and even after watching three videos and how-to's, i still could not get it to stay on. not a huge deal, i thought, until i realized that i basically never use the left side shift key. so, my life has basically either gone without shifting or shifted very slowly because i have to remember where the key is on the left hand.

i would insert some pretty symbols or wavy signs here if i had a shift key...

i am basically crazy. the other day, i was at work and had just opened my paycheck. after looking at it, finding out how much pto i had, and how much overtime i'd worked, etc. i realized that i had opened the check 'the old way' aka, opened the flap, just like you'd open any other letter. not a problem except for the fact that i remembered that last payday, i opened my check from the side and really liked how the check was free of weird hanging flaps of paper.

not wanting to be outdone by myself, i reinserted the pay stub and proceeded to cut open the side of the envelope then tape shut the flap. keep in mind, i am not alone, in the privacy of my own office. i am in an office, surrounded by three people, all of whom have since stopped talking in oder to observe what on earth i was doing. it wasn't until they asked me about what i was doing that i realized how crazy i had been. i was embarrassed that i had done it just then, but not so embarrassed that it cancelled out the feeling of calm that i got when i had fixed the envelope.

well, that concludes the typing for now. this post is really annoying me because it's got no capitals or punctuation that i like. the countdown has begun to my birthday, or as my cousin puts it, my two dozen benchmark.

2 comments:

aisy said...

are you seeing anyone for your ocd? ha ha

Penny said...

The first thing I always check is my PTO!! I'm up to 28 hours think I'm due for a vacation.