Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Speechless

I was reading this blog (you'll have to go to the next page back to read the whole story) at the suggestion of my Aunt Michelle. I am literally speechless. The writer has let us into an extremely personal, traumatic, and painful week of her life. I was in tears while reading it and teared up again when I explained it to my mom. The woman's first-hand, no holds barred, account of her son's accident was just so relatable.


It made me feel like I was living the nightmare along side her. The mother is an amazing writer, and I am still speechless. There is nothing I can say that will fix anything for her; nothing I can do to help, but I want to. I wish I could fix this for her and her family. I wish it were a book that I could skip to the end and read the ending, ensuring myself that everyone lives happily ever after. I cannot do any of those, and it bothers me. I suppose I will have to make myself content with prayers on their behalf and finding a way to distract myself from the feeling that my heart has dropped out of my chest.

I am a very blessed girl, and I am grateful for the example of others, like the Staker family, who put things into perspective for me.

0 comments: