Saturday, July 26, 2008

Life is Beautiful

Well, yesterday I went to Idaho for a few hours because we were having a family gathering in memory of my dear sweet Grandma, Jenna Lee.
I did not know anything was going on until Thursday night after work. Vili and I had to work Friday at 3, so we knew that we would probably spend about as much time in the car as in Idaho, but we decided to go for it. I am so glad we did. It was so wonderful to see all my family again, and it was amazing to be able to sit at my grandma's grave an entire year after the fact and not feel the aching pain of missing her.


Jenna Lee 1935 - 2007

I also realized yesterday just how good life is. I am blessed with an amazing family that, despite my weeknesses, loves me. I am happier when I'm with them than any other time, and I cannot wait to spend eternity in their company. I am blessed with busy, active, loving nephews, and the most adorable niece/princess anyone could want. The best part is the kids are all returnable =)

The bottom line is this; I am blessed to live in the beautiful (even if it is brown-colored) Utah Valley. The earth is a beautiful and majestic place and I am so glad to be here. I am absolutely blessed to be a citizen of the United States of America. It is a land of promise and I am proud of its great heritage.

All around, Life is Beautiful

2 comments:

pamelasue said...

Really nice blog, Latu! Loved it.

Dara McFarlane said...

i love this post, latu. I am so glad i got to see you that weekend. I love you!