Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Annoyances...

Well, I was just thinking of a few things today that really annoy me. Here you go.

*Overly helpful people just annoy me. Seriously, sometimes I just want to yell at them! If I wanted your help, I would ask. Thank you, overly helpful.

*When people have their windows down and music really loud at stoplights. Actually, it mostly just annoys me when they're listening to retarded music. I feel like people who want to listen to music I don't like should do it with the windows rolled up, at least.

*Having my hair cut. It is always a really emotional time for me. (Emotional mainly because the only times I do it is when I finally get sick of how much shampoo/conditioner I use, so I go get my hair cut out of anger.) Sadly, the anger is ALWAYS replaced with remorse soon after. I miss my long hair, but I DO NOT miss getting my hair cut, and I don't miss how much shampoo/conditioner I used to go through.

The biggest reason I'm growing my hair out now is that I don't want to feel pressured to talk to some random lady while she cuts my hair. I really wonder if there is a "small talk" class/requirement in cosmetology school. I feel like the biggest brat any time I get my hair cut because I just don't care to share my entire life story (or even how my day's been) with the complete stranger cutting my hair. The ones that absolutely drive me batty are the ones who assume that my lack of response is just because I'm shy, so they pry EVEN MORE! If I'm not talking, I'm probably fine not talking.

*I just remembered that I used to have a yellow bird (and by used to, I mean like only a few months ago). A Cockatiel. Don't ask me what happened to my cockatiel named Sunshine, because I really don't know, and now it's annoying me. At one point, I gave it to my aunt/uncle and their kids, but they gave it back. Then it was here for a while, and now it's not.

*The way slippers disappear in this house.

*This one could probably go with the hair one, but I just hate small talk. From everyone--The grocery store clerk, the guy at the counter, you name it. Today, I went in to pay a bill, and was perfectly content with the silence. The guy I was paying, however was not. He kept looking all over (which, I'm not gonna lie, TOTALLY made me feel guilty of something) until his eyes found the window, at which point he asked me about how likely I felt rain would be. "umm.... I wouldn't doubt it" What am I supposed to say? 'Well, depending on which meteorologist you consult...' Goodness, I hate small talk. Get in, get out, get on with your life.

*It totally annoys me that I can be driving along, following every traffic law, driving a 100% legal car, and a cop pulls up behind me. *Panic sets in* I don't care what I'm doing or who I'm doing it with. I feel guilty as SIN. My heart rate and breathing do not drop back to normal until at least a full 90 seconds after the cop has left.

*I am absolutely certain there are many more, because I'm in quite the cynical mood, but for now, that's it!

2 comments:

Penelope Lolohea said...

Haha. I think you forgot to mention how much you hate small talk. Lol. Great post. You made me laugh.

Alicia said...

Oh, you crack me up Tuie! It's funny, I have a lot of the same pet peeves. Well, mostly the one about small talk. I just don't feel a need to talk just for the swake of talking! Anyway, thanks for the fun post!