Friday, January 9, 2009

Pretty much the worst week ever.

Well, that is a huge exaggeration. But one I can definitely get on board with.

I need a break before I start the cleanup of my apartment, so here's a re-cap/rant of my week so far.

Sunday: I spent the entire day in bed sick. I never made it farther than my bathroom (even that was pushing it) I woke up during the night (this actually might count as Monday) because I literally could not breathe. My lungs and throat were almost sealed off by mucus (TMI, I know). It was the most panicking experience of my life. I am pretty sure I might dread whooping cough more than anything else in the world. I spent 25 minutes sitting in the bathroom with hot water on until it ran cold. Finally, after inhaling all that steam, I was able to breathe and sleep again (it was 4:30 by now, and I could only sleep sitting up, but sleep is sleep.)

Monday: After trying all night to call and leave a message at work that I would not be coming in (the phone just rang, I guess the voice mail system was off) I set my alarm for 7:45a.m. so that I would be able to wake up and call once someone got there. 10:00a.m. rolls around, and I am woken up by my brother, asking why I am not at work. Panicked, I call in sick (2 hours after I should have been there) and then schedule an appt. with the doctor for that afternoon. 3:30p.m. rolls around and I drag myself out of bed and go to the doctor, where I proceeded to slip not once, not twice, but three separate times in the parking lot. (two resulted in me on the ground. The other probably just sprained my knee again)

Tuesday: By the rest of the week's standards, a good day. All that happened was I went to work sick.

Wednesday: I should have known never to eat something made in a Jr. High foods class...
I was asked to participate in a taste testing session for the foods classes at work. For the final project, the kids made samples of food items for us to judge. The first day (Tues.) went according to plan. The food was good, and I was full and happy. The second day (Wed.) went fine until I bit into a piece of Calzone and found a long, thick, black hair in it. It is obviously gross to have hair in your food, but the 'gross' factor changed to absolute disgust when I looked up to see the culprit and his greasy long hair.
Later that afternoon, (after fighting the urge to purge all day long) I went to my other job, and about 30 minutes after getting there got a call from my mom, notifying me that my dad had been admitted into the Cardiac ICU at the new IHC hospital in Murray. Visions of the past rushed through my head as I imagined the very worst, and the doctors confirmed by fears by telling us he would be there for at least 5-7 days.

Thursday: I spent the day at the hospital, witnessing my father literally healed by the power of the priesthood, and being allowed to go home that afternoon because of his miraculous recovery.

Friday: I wake up at 6:30a.m. to find my ENTIRE apartment covered in 1.5 inches of standing water. So started my day full of wet-vac, dumping buckets of water out, mopping up water, moving furniture, frantically moving electronics, being grateful I chose to put my laptop on the couch not under it like usual, trying to figure out how to turn off the water to the toilet, and above all, just pure stress. (and it's only 11:30!)

Saturday: I have the day off, and am planning on going to Cracker Barrel and having my fill of french toast; I am cautiously optimistic about how the day will go!

Well, looking back, none of the incidents seem too bad alone (or at all, for that matter). But, put them together and it seems worse than they really are.

So ends my rant about the week. I know that most of my views right now are tainted by my annoyance that my apartment flooded, but I figure everyone is entitled to a little self-pity once in a while!

2 comments:

pamelasue said...

WOW! That is a bad, bad week! Maybe it means that it can only get better? Thanks for the info and here's me toasting to you for a good rest of the year:)

Holly T said...

Latu! So good to hear from you! I'm really sorry to hear about your dad, I hope gets better soon! I hope you do too! Weeks like those suck, I hope this week is going better for you!