Friday, January 16, 2009

Laugh Out Loud

These are just some quotes that I was thinking about that make me laugh out loud any time I think of them.

Call from a mother in California to me at my Provo, UT job (approx. 40 miles south of Salt Lake City)
Yeah, I just saw on the news that there was an avalanche in Salt Lake. Is my daughter OK?

Conversation with a mother who has a pretty perfect child: You're really calling me because my kid pulled his pants down in the hall and pretended to pee?! Did you actually see him peeing?
No. I was actually trying
not to look at him once I realized what he was doing.
Well, unless he actually pees in the hall, and someone actually sees it, I don't want to hear from you! Click

Conversation with a kid at my work: Are you Chinese? Because your eyes look like it when you smile.....Will you help me with my math? Chinese people are good at math.

Conversation with a kid at my work who just found out she has an STD: Latu, have you ever had an STD?
No
Are you sure? Not even when you were younger?
Yeah. Pretty sure.

Conversation with a kid at work: Are you Tongan? Because I've never seen a white Tongan.
Yeah, I'm just albino.
Oh. Cool!

Flex is a new program we are starting at the Jr. High designed to help the kids who are struggling succeed, and rewarding the kids who are not. Here's a conversation about it: When is that exercising program going to start?
.......What exercising program?
You know, the one they did the assembly about.
Do you mean
Flex, the new academic program/schedule we are starting?
Yeah, whatever.

My Nephew, upon seeing a present for his birthday: Is that a surprise for me? You can tell me, I won't tell you!

Just a few things I thought (and still think) were funny.


This one is less funny, but more telling about our day and age.
A group of girls is playing the Game of Life. One of them lands on the marriage space, and this is the question I hear: Are you marrying a girl or a boy?

4 comments:

pamelasue said...

Some of those are really funny, some are downright dumb:)seriously, are they thinking??? Cute post.

leinani45 said...

lol... sad that they had to ask about the marriage thing. :S

Penelope said...

LOL. I love when you tell me these conversations you have and hear!

Chanel Stone said...

OH MY GOSH!! I just laughed out loud....SO loud. SOOO funny. And the last one about the boy or girl was SOOO funny. I almost fell out of my chair...