Friday, September 26, 2008

And still the sun shines...

In some sort of cruel irony, on this beautiful day, I just found out that one of my really good friends growing up has passed away. I am still in the denial phase right now, but I know that next phase is coming so fast. I guess I should take advantage of the fact that I can look at the situation with almost no emotion right now.



I first met Evan Chang in Summer Strings. It was June of 1998. We were both 12, and the world was at our fingertips. It's hard to think that that was 10 years ago. He was the cellist I wished I was; dedicated, focused, and just naturally talented. That tended to be the trend with Evan. He was also one of the truest friends I've ever had. He was always there for me, whether I put him in the fore or background of my life through the years. He truly was a special person, and I'm grateful that I knew him. His life was cut so short, but I am glad that he has finally found some peace.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I am sorry for your loss Latu! Life is so precious and your outlook on it has helped me to want to live life to the fullest! Hope things are well for you!

pamelasue said...

I am so sorry. I had no idea. It is hard when those who have had an influence on us pass away, and when they are so young!

Chanel Stone said...

I'm sorry that I have sucked so much as a friend that this is how I hear about this. I'm so sorry for you La2. If you need anything just let me know. I know that it never gets easy to say goodbye, I know from many personal experiences. I love you.

leinani45 said...

La2... I'm so sorry. It's always so hard to lose someone, esp. a close friend like that. I wish I had known. I was totally up there this weekend. Let me know if you need anything. Love you!!!