Sunday, October 28, 2007

An admission

So, I've been really missing my Grandma lately.

Part of me feels like way too much time has gone by, and I need to just get over it, but at the same time, part of me never wants to get over it. I want to mourn forever.

The other night, I just had a long, stressful day at work and I really needed to just decompress. So, I quickly ran through the options of what to do in my mind and decided I really needed to talk to my Grandma. I guess it's an improvement that I did not have the chance to pick up my phone before the realization hit me. It was a really sad way to end an already stressful day, but I was able to store away that disappointment until I read Chris' blog today. So much of me wanted to comment, to add some small insight into my Grandma, the best example of womanly virtue I've ever encountered. I could not, though. Chris' words were too perfect. How do you add to such prose?

So, with tearful eyes, I decided instead to post this. It really has no use for anyone but myself as a vent for my emotions, but it feels really good to admit;

I miss my Grandma.

1 comments:

leinani45 said...

i know... i probably shouldnt comment, esp after what you said about chris... but ive been through this too many times... i really feel your pain. i still have it too... grandparents are special wonderful people that make the world beautiful (well, they should be...) i miss my grandpa john. he looked at the world so plainly... and he made me see things so differently. he listened to everything i said and he always knew exactly what to say... its normal to miss people whan theyve left you, but remember that shes still there, all around you. shes watching you and hoping youll make all the right desicions. if you want to talk to her, do it. she can hear you. and if you really need her, shell help you. i really believe that. i can feel my grandpa... especially when i sing. :) sorry i went on forever, but i wanted you to know that she is still there... and she loves you.