Monday, January 21, 2008

Genius Ideas =)

Well, I got a gift card for Christmas to a department store that I never (ever) go to. I knew that I did not really want clothes or shoes, but I had really wanted to find a new perfume. So, I had this really good idea to use the gift card for perfume.

So far so good, right? Well, because I worked every day (usually doubles) for two weeks after Christmas, I figured I would "beat the crowds" and just buy it online. So, I went to the store's website, read some reviews, and bought me my perfume. No problems there, right? I even got free shipping!

Yeah. It was not until after the box arrived and I had ripped it open, that I realized (actually, I had to have it pointed out to me by my mom...) perfume is officially on the There are some things you just should not buy online, list.

Never heard of this list? Neither had I, but I imagine that it includes such items as wigs, cars, makeup, wedding dresses, perfume, undergarments, caskets, tattoos, bathing suits, artwork, real estate, shoes. (it's got a lot in common with the Things you should NEVER buy used list) Either things that cost insane amounts of money, or things that, in order to function properly, really need to be smelled, tried on, and compared to twelve other options, before being finally chosen (Overall, things that need to be seen/bought in person)

The bottom line is this; If anyone knows of a grandma-type person (or someone else who has lost most of the function of their nose) who wants some extremely strong perfume, it's available currently on ebay. =)

1 comments:

pamelasue said...

You crack me up! I'll add that to my list! Although, I do buy shoes online at shoes.com because they have free shipping and free return shipping. Other than that, I agree, no perfume online.